About Sculptra Wrinkle Treatment in Virginia
Sculptra is a synthetic injectable material called poly-L-lactic acid. It is completely bio-compatible, which means that it will not harm the body, and there is no allergy testing required before treatment. This material has been used for years in dissolvable stitches, soft tissue implants as well as other types of implants. Sculptra is injected below the skin – using a very tiny needle and precisely measured doses. Dr. Choe prefers to perform multiple treatments over time for optimum results. Unlike fillers such as Restylane, Sculptra results are gradual as the skin becomes thicker and the hollowed out areas fill in. Touch-ups are usually needed to maintain the desired outcome.
Facial fat loss (lipoatrophy) causes hollowed out, sunken cheeks and temple areas of the face. The cheeks become hollow, sunken or flat as well as other areas such as the temples.
Sculptra is the first FDA approved injection treatment that safely restores that lost volume and re-contours the deficit areas of the face. Used in the United States since 1999, Sculptra is a proven safe and effective wrinkle treatment for over 150,000 patients worldwide – in over 30 countries. Sculptra not only corrects the visible facial defects but helps restore self-confidence as well.
All injection treatments can cause minimal discomfort, redness, swelling and or bleeding in the treated areas. This usually goes away in a few hours to days.
Benefits of Sculptra Gel:
- Sculptra is an enduring FDA approved treatment
- Sculptra is safe, effective and bio-compatible
- Sculptra provides a gradual and significant increase in skin thickness
- Sculptra will improve the appearance of folds and sunken areas
- Sculptra will correct skin creases, wrinkles, folds, scars and eye rings
- Sculptra will show improvement after only a few treatments
- Sculptra results will normally last up to 2 years