Male and Female Hair graft candidates
Published on July 4, 2012 by Kyle Choe
I’m in Norfolk and considering a hair transplant. What makes someone a candidate for a hair transplant? Are there people who aren’t appropriate candidates?
Good candidates for hair transplant surgery include:
- Men and women who have been losing their hair due to genetic hair loss for more than five years
- Men who have been balding for many years and who’s pattern of loss has stabilized
- Men and women who have lost hair due to trauma or burns.
- Men and women who have lost hair or who’s hairlines were raised due to other cosmetic procedures such as face-lifts and brow lifts.
- Women with stable donor hair who exhibit more of a male pattern, than a female diffuse unpatterned hair loss.