Surgery Preparations in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, VA Facial Plastic Surgery.
Preparation for facial plastic surgery:
- Do not take aspirin, aspirin containing products, ibuprofen or herbal medicines for 2 weeks prior to your surgery.
- You must stop use of all nicotine products 4 weeks before your surgery and for 10 days after your surgery.
- You must not use alcohol for 1 week before your surgery.
- You must tell us what medications, vitamins and herbs you are currently taking and Dr. Choe will tell you what you must not take until after your surgery.
- Please begin using the Arnica and Vitamin C as prescribed – one day before your surgery and continue for at least one week following surgery. *Arnica is an herb that reduces swelling significantly – Vitamin C helps the body heal and helps prevent infections.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
- You must have a responsible adult drive you to your surgery, drive you home and stay with you 24 hours after your surgery.
After your procedure:
Listen carefully to Dr. Choe’s instructions about your particular surgery, situation and recovery.
- Depending upon your surgery, you may need to sleep with your head elevated using 2-3 pillows for 2-3 weeks following your surgery.
- Depending upon your surgery, you may need to rest in bed for 1-2 days and have someone there to assist you for at least 24 hours.
- You must avoid all strenuous activity – bending, lifting and straining until Dr. Choe tells you otherwise.
What to expect after your facial surgery:
Every client is different with respect to their healing times and expectations of surgery. However, we find each client typically experiences similar to these after surgery:
Swelling, bruising, tightness of their face. Pulling and some numbness are all normal and any discomfort will easily be managed with pain medication, cold packs and rest. Your skin may look discolored and bruised and your facial movements may be restricted temporarily. Healing is an individual process – but our patients usually look “presentable” and return to work within 7-10 days.
Your healing process will continue for several more weeks until you realize one day it’s totally gone – and you see a beautiful, more youthful you in the mirror.