Enhance Your Aging Face: Four Facial Plastic Surgeries to Know About
Without the expertise of a plastic surgeon, there is no way to beat the natural signs of aging. Regular use of a moisturizer and a healthy diet help slow the signs of aging, but you will still develop crow’s feet, forehead lines, and jowls over time. Facial plastic surgeries are an effective way to revitalize your youthful appearance, and the following four procedures are some of the more common and most effective.
Blepharoplasty is also known as eyelid surgery. As you age, your muscle tone weakens and sagging eyelids are common. In most cases it simply looks unappealing, but sagging upper eyelids can inhibit your vision too. In 2012, eyelid surgery was the fourth most popular cosmetic surgery procedure. Eyelid surgery is useful for:
- Decreasing fatty deposits that create a puffy appearance.
- Reducing bags under the eyes.
- Removing fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Tightening loose and sagging skin on the eyelids.
Also known as a brow lift, a forehead lift is beneficial at removing creases in the forehead that occur as your muscle tone weakens. This procedure helps:
- Correct sagging skin.
- Lift the eyebrows to open the eyes and look more alert.
- Reduce frown lines and lines along the bridge of the nose.
Doctors can perform brow lifts independently. However, this surgery is often paired with blepharoplasty or a facelift.
A nose job, also known as rhinoplasty, is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed. Senior citizens whose nose tip is starting to droop due to aging often ask about the benefits of this surgery. Rhinoplasty helps:
- Correct nasal alignment following a broken nose.
- Fix a drooping nasal tip.
- Improve asymmetry of the nose.
- Narrow a wide nose.
- Remove a bump or ridge on the bridge of the nose.
- Repair nasal septum deviation.
You’ll know rhytidectomy better as a facelift. While it corrects issues with sagging skin and wrinkles, it doesn’t stop the signs of aging. This surgical procedure:
- Corrects issues with sagging skin in the lower portion of the face and neck.
- Lessens the appearance of jowls.
- Reduces deep wrinkles and creases below the lower eyelids and from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Tightens loose, sagging skin around the chin and jawline.
The best candidates for a facial plastic surgeries are in good physical health and do not smoke. Learn more about these procedures and how they can improve your self-esteem by calling The Choe Center for Facial Plastic Surgery of Virginia Beach at 757.389.5850.