I am a 52-year-old woman with heavy skin damage due to the sun and smoking. Would a series of injectable fillers do anything for me or should I be looking into surgical options?

Injectable fillers are used to correct resting lines or lines that are not due to facial motion. The most common places for injectable fillers are smile lines and marionette lines. Skin damage due to sun and smoking will probably better respond with chemical peels and/or laser to resurface the skin. After that surgery can be performed to address sagging skin and muscle.